Old June 25th 10, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default L13 Blanik Mandatory Bulletin

On Jun 25, 8:41*am, nimbus wrote:

When we uploaded the pictures on the PC, we carefully looked at the
pictures and we saw ...longs thin cracks...

I would be really skeptical about things that show up in a digital
photo that don't appear under direct observation. It could be that
what looks like cracks are artifacts of the digital photography or
JPEG compression. I would recommend you get a second opinion before
taking any action.

Also, it could be that what looks like cracks are actually just normal
striations from the extrusion process by which the spar caps are
formed. They could also be local disruptions in the surface anodizing,
if the parts are anodized. We've seen that around rivets on the
anodized spars of RV-series homebuilt airplanes, and it has not been a
structural concern.

Thanks, Bob K.