Old March 7th 04, 10:50 PM
Dom Sasco

I'll still take our system over yours anyday.

Tarver Engineering wrote:

"Ed Majden" wrote in message

"Tarver Engineering"

Canadians have "free healthcare" @ $1500 a month instead.

Heathcare is far from free! Just check our income tax rates. At

least

in Canada everyones in the same boat and is covered. Your not turned away
at the door if you don't have a healthy bank account or credit card.

If a Canadian has a healthy bank account or credit card they drive South,
much like Canada's college graduates.

You
won't get any support in Canada if you try and tamper with our medicare
system.

Health care is already rationed in Canada, we won't have to do more than
point out the holes in the system to keep it out of the US. When AIDS his
Canada hard the
"managers" of the "free healthcare" system decided to ration breast cancer
treatment to pay for it. If a Canadian woman went without treatment for 6
months she could get a bus ticket to Vermont and care. After the
statistical evidence was there to prove Canada was letting women die some
additional funding was found, but healthcare is not a selling point for
Canadian society anymore.

We spend less per capita on Medicare than you do in the USA under
your system. Anyway, this doesn't have much to do with a military

aviation

newsgroup, does it!

Actually, I can get full coverage for a family of 6 for less than $500 and a
$2000 deductable. I would pay three times that as a Canadian, except for
the deductable. Too bad for me if my family's illness is not politically
correct in Canada that year.