Old May 30th 18, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Car/Truck to pull glider trailer

On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 3:31:42 AM UTC-7, Bruce Hoult wrote:
On Sunday, May 27, 2018 at 6:17:05 AM UTC+12, Scott Manley wrote:
What about Reno to Ely to Nephi on the loneliest highway in the US?

Nope! Not a single Tesla supercharger site along the loneliest highway in the U.S. between Reno and Nephi.

However, in addition to the superchargers in Reno and Nephi, there are no fewer than 6 Tesla charging sites along Interstate 80 between Reno and Nephi. While the I-80 route is 77 miles longer, Google Maps estimates the travel time from Reno to Nephi via U.S. 50 (a.k.a., the loneliest highway) to be 8 hr 19 minutes, a whole two minutes less than RNO to U14 via I-80.

I'm actually surprised there isn't a charger at Ely!

Tonopah to Nephi is 370 miles. Sadly, that's too much even for the Model S 100D, not even towing. At least officially -- one owner managed to get one 670 miles by driving slowly. Really slowly. Like 30 mph.

You are very likely to become road kill if you drive 30 mph on Nevada highways.

Tom