Old February 5th 14, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Car Flarm

On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:16:07 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 4:39:14 PM UTC-6, Bob wrote: On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 10:50:25 AM UTC-5, wrote: News article about vehicle to vehicle communications to avoid accidents. Pretty much the same concept as Flarm. http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/02/...to-each-other/ Gee wiz accidents won't be the drivers fault any more. The OEM's will bear the liability. That's the kind of logic that just about ended General Aviation. Imagine what the product liability will contribute to the cost of the vehicle. Bob To all the luddites commenting in this thread: I can easily imagine hundreds or thousands of people not killed each year (including potentially your children and family members ) because of the proposed technology. Is that a bad thing? Most likely the collision warning will be accompanied by cutting the car's throttle and applying brakes, perhaps even putting pressure on the steering to avoid danger. I look forward to car-Flarm. Herb

I look forward to it if it is interlocked so that it is not functional if the safety belts aren't connected. Or better yet, it locks the brakes.
Luddite UH