Old June 23rd 04, 12:48 AM
Mark T. Mueller

I use NavAirWx from AirGator. NEXRAD and lightning strike data via the XM
Sat Radio broadcast system, so you have good data about anywhere. If you are
thinking about ControlVision's Sat Phone, and you have a KT-76A transponder,
there have been some reports of poor connectivity due to interference
between the two devices. That is why I went with the WxWorx receiver via
NavAirWx software.

I am running this on a Toshiba e755 with CF GPS Card.

Navigated around a line of T-storms in NC last weekend. Wouldn't have made
the trip without it.

YMMV...

Mark
Tiger N1533R

"John Harper" wrote in message
I just finally replaced my ancient Palm V with an iPAQ 1945, and while I

was
there I got an HP Bluetooth GPS. Anyone have any advice on aviation
packages, i.e. AnywhereMap or Teletype? They both look great on paper.
I have a 530/430 in the plane, so this is strictly for
backup, a way to not spend $1600 on a Garmin 296.

I'm also worried about hardware compatibility. Is anyone out there running
either of these packages on this particular hardware combination?

Thanks,

John