Old August 30th 03, 08:15 PM
Gooneybird

BUFDRVR wrote:
Lou Dobbs did a piece on that last night, and I can't remember which
institution
he mentioned other than it was an Eastern one, but he cited a comparable
survey
where the numbers were about 8%.

Remember, the "compareable survey" needs to be identical. If you don't include
"unwanted touching" you'll lose many "yes I've been raped" votes.

That doesn't matter to me. I'm not going to quibble about how many did this
****ty thing and how many did that slightly less ****ty thing. Copping a free
and unwanted feel isn't that much better than going whole hog. They're both
demonstrated actions of immature cadets who feel or show no respect for those of
their fellow cadets who happen to be female. Those attitudes have to be
unacceptable in any military organization where both men and women serve. We
cannot turn tomorrow's leaders loose feeling that it's their right to satisfy
their sexual urges however they see fit while Americans entrust their wives and
daughters into their care while they are serving their country.

Any cadet who can be clearly identified as one of those culprits ought to be
booted out of the Academy to pursue some other career. We don't need that kind
of leader in tomorrow's Air Force.

George Z.