Old November 10th 03, 07:52 PM
S Narayan

"Maule Driver" wrote in message
. com...
"McGregor"
You can tell some of those airline guys don't get holds very often. One
United flight in particular sounded thoroughly confused.

...And you can tell some airline guys get 'em all the time. I was a
passenger going into Heathrow. We went into the top of hold with at least

5
a/c in it at one point. All flying racetracks in and out of layers of
cloud. We dropped down a couple of times and finally flew the approach.

Most fun I've ever had in an airliner seat.

Once when returning from Frankfurt to San Francisco, we were put on a hold
north of SFO. Captain was "complaining" to the passengers about the fuel
situation and whether he might have to divert to Oakland. Fortunately after
3 holds they let us land.