Old April 25th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Dittel radio Q

You can install the bnc either by a crimped connector or a soldered one. I
have seen a lot of poorly made bnc connections. I used to hate to solder
them so I purchased the proper tools to use crimped connectors. It was not
cheap, but I wish I had purchased it years ago. It is excellent. I would
not solder a bnc anymore.

You can buy a right angle bnc "extender" - but be careful. I have seen some
that used an internal piece of coiled wire to make assembly easier. Using
one of those would be a disaster. If you use one, make sure it is a name
brand.

Colin