Old January 26th 05, 04:23 AM
Stan Prevost

"A Lieberman" wrote in message
About to take a trip down to Gulfport MS (GPT) tomorrow morning.

Ceilings are forecasted to be 300 broken, so I really doubt that I will be
mucking around with full procedure approaches in the clag, but while I was
studying the approaches into GPT, I am kinda figuring on expecting vectors
for the ILS 14 approach based on forecasted winds.

Looking at the approach, the IAF is CAESA. Outside the 10 NM ring, it

says
2000 no PT, so, I would take it that no procedure turn is authorized, yet,
I see the procedure turn barbs just inside the 10 NM ring. Am I reading
this correctly that no procedure turns for the ILS is authorized outside
this 10NM ring, and if I was to do a full procedure approach that it must
be inside the the 10 NM ring??? Or what am I missing?

This question is coming up, as when I got my flight briefing, the briefer
said, no procedure turn at CAESA from Victor 552 which in my opinion

agrees
with the approach chart, yet I see the procedure turn barbs outbound 268
and inbound 088 to intercept the localizer.

Any assistance in clearing up my question really appreciated.

Allen

A0008/05 (FDC 5/0505) - ILS OR LOC RWY 14, AMDT 14... CHANGE PLANVIEW NOTE:
PROCEDURE NA FOR ARRIVALS AT CAESA VIA V552 WESTBOUND VICE V522 WESTBOUND.
WIE UNTIL UFN

The only reason a briefer would discuss the details of an instrument
approach procedure is if there was a NOTAM pertaining to it. Somewhere in
your discussion with the briefer, the "procedure" vs the "procedure turn"
got mixed up.