Old April 18th 19, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer[_2_]

Default Undershoot Vs. Overshoot airport landing accidents

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 07:00:39 -0700 (PDT), Tango Whisky
wrote:

Steve Leonard

Well, you will float over the runway forever.
I always prefer a slip (which works extremely well in both ASK21 and DuoDiscus) - no change of attitude, and dosage is much easier.

100% agree.

But in the end, I prefer to train people to do a proper approach pattern, where you end up un final with 50% airbrakes.

.... not to mention that precise speed control is the thing that
counts.

It is absolutely necessary in an outlanduing, and in my humble opinion
ought to be trained in any landing, even if there''s a 6.000 ft
runway.

Cheers
Andreas