Old March 25th 10, 06:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Gelcoat Wings and Pledge?

On Mar 24, 2:47*pm, RL wrote:
Pledge is formulated for indoor use on funiture... it has absolutely
no UV resistance and will eventually yellow on the gel coat surface.
Testing during the initial development of Wx/Block products showed
these type of carnauba/solvent based furniture waxes to be the poorest
performers of all the products tested, in terms of gel coat
embrittlement and color change delta. The use of this product is a
very poor choice for the longevity of sailplane gel coat.

Bob

Heck, I won't even allow pledge on our furniture.

Frank