Old July 19th 04, 01:11 AM
Krztalizer

There are a lot of folks that believe him over Rex Barber, although I can't
imagine why. The simplist way to prove who is a liar is to look through the
Time/Life books on air combat: they have a two page spread devoted to
Lamphier's "story", accompanied by several photographs of Admiral Yamamoto's
Betty laying in the jungle that absolutely refute his claims!

I know a lot of people think Lanphier should be given credit, but his own claim
of "sawing off the wing of the bomber, causing it to roll over and crash into
the jungle and explode" just plain doesn't match what happened to Iso's Betty.

Col. Rex Barber was the finest man I have known, and one of the men most
deserving of the MoH.

v/r
Gordon
USN SAR

Its always better to lose -an- engine, not -the- engine.