Old November 25th 03, 05:29 PM
mikem

Jim wrote:

What's your opinion about the best taildragger that has room for at least 2
adults plus kids? Reasons and experiences please.

My wife and I own a 150hp Piper Pacer we bought to get tailwheel
experience. Its a fun little airplane. We have gone airplane camping in
the Ut/Id/Mt mountains. I recommend the Pacer highly as a two-place plus
some gear airplane, but wouldn't put my kids (and gear) in the back, at
least not to the places we go...

For serious backcountry hauling, I use my stol-equipped Skylane. I have
recently been thinking about a 180/185, but cant justify spending double
what the 182 is worth to buy a 180/185 project which is going to take a
year or more to get it up to the same standards that my 182 is already at...

I'm looking for a large nosefork for the 182, and plan to put a 6.00
nose wheel and 8.00 mains on it, and call it good... I can already
operate out of 97% of the places where 185s go...

MikeM
Skylane '1MM see: http://home.utah.edu/~mgm17160/TwoMM.JPG
Pacer '00Z see: http://home.utah.edu/~mgm17160/miken007.jpg