Old November 25th 03, 06:02 PM
Jim

Why a tail dragger? There is no good reason other than 'something to do'
in
this pilot's opinion.

Exactly my idea. Just something to have fun in but still use to haul the
wife and kids around when needed. I have the opportunity to put a 1/2 mile
grass strip right infront of my house and am currently getting a good
tailwheel checkout. I'm torn between two goals. I can either pursue a
partnership in a faster complex plane for some serious cross country flying
(which I do enough of to justify it), or I could go it on my own and pick up
a fairly nice Cessna 170 and eventually build a hanger and a strip at my
house. I'd still be able to rent a faster larger plane for the longer cross
country trips.
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply