Old April 1st 04, 02:17 PM
Allen

"Jon Kraus" wrote in message
I have my IFR checkride scheduled for April 21st... To make it even more
exciting my CFII talked me into taking my ride with a DE that is getting
his certification for giving instrument checkrides... So not only will
he be there but a representative from the FAA will be riding along
critiquing him... Has anyone else had any checkride experiences along
these lines? Or, can anyone give relay some interesting checkride
experiences to take the edge off my nervousness... Really the nerves
haven't hit yet and I figure that the worst thing that will happen is
that I'd bust some portion and have to retake it... Holding pattern
entries would be my guess... Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL
Student-IA (hopefully not for long)

When I took my multi-engine check ride my boss was getting his DE authority
also. The FAA Inspector from Albuquerque, NM was also training two new
inspectors. There were five of us in a Piper Navajo on a July day in NM.
Talk about "sweating" it out.

You are going about it with the right attitude. Give it the best you've got
and you'll do fine.

P.S. We all passed!

Allen Smith