Old April 2nd 04, 12:47 PM
Jon Kraus

Thanks Cecil.... I expect you to finish up before me and give me some
pointers. :-) JK

Cecil E. Chapman wrote:

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL
Student-IA (hopefully not for long)

Have a great ride, Jon! As is often said, your instructor wouldn't release
you for the checkride unless you were ready. I look forward to seeing your
'signature' changing, after April 21.

I have to admit that I am going to have to woodshed a little more on holding
patterns. Such an irony, that the very thing we will be tested on in the
practical (i.e., holding patterns) represents something that we may never be
asked to do in our entire flying career. I think I have the pattern entry
process, down, though (OnTop has helped me quite a lot with conceptualizing
the entries). Though occasionally I've done the 'wrong' entry, so to speak,
during moments of IFR training induced 'brain-fog' :-)

As for the nervousness,,, I don't know what to tell you other than to do
something relaxing the day before (unrelated to flying). If you can,, take
the day off and take in a good matinee at the movies (with an extra helping
of popcorn and root beer g) or if you fish, take in a day of fishing.
You'll be fine, come April 21!

Look forward to your post-checkride story,,,, really, you're going to find
that you will do just fine!