Old January 13th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Backup vacuum systems

The Sporty's electric AI is STC'd for replacing the TC. Hal w/ Sporty's
worked on the approval for all of us so inclined to do so.

They're on back-order, if that tells you how successful the product is.
--

Thx, {|;-)

Victor J. (Jim) Osborne, Jr.
"Maule Driver" wrote in message
What is the story with replacing the TC with an electric AI?

I thought that had been generally prohibited in most/all a/c. There was
an effort to change that but I didn't think anything had happened.

Paul kgyy wrote:
Sporty's pilot shop has a nifty electric AI that can legally replace
your Turn Coordinator. That's the way I'd go if I hadn't already
installed an STEC in there.

The wet pump is another good alternative, though the gyros can still
fail.