Old November 22nd 19, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Clemens Ceipek

Default Gliding risk....

can you analyze vs "under the influence of competition" factor?

Brett - I wanted to do that as well. Unfortunately, it's not enough to know how many accidents occur in competition. To understand if competition flying is more dangerous than regular flying (and by how much), I would need to know what percentage of flights occur in competition vs. pleasure flights vs. training flights. Unfortunately, I don't think this information exists and I think a guess would be too inaccurate. If you have a good source, please let me know. Clemens