Old December 5th 19, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Default Gliding risk....

On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 7:53:57 PM UTC-8, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 4:54:08 PM UTC-5, 2G wrote:

Before I purchased any glider manufactured by either of these subcontractors I would insist on a full-blown ultrasonic NDT test.

This relevant accident happened in 2003.

Before I get my nickers in a twist, I'd like to know whether the manufacturing deficiencies have been addressed in the intervening 16 years.

Sounds like a recent story about Boeing...
https://boingboing.net/2019/12/02/ra...-shavings.html

"...Barnett says the 787 facility was run by a new leadership team that had been transferred in from St Louis, MO, with a background in overseeing military contracts, and that they prioritized production speed over airworthiness and safety.

He says that the culture of poor safety began in 2011 or 2012, with top management ordering employees not to document defects, but that this graduated to "ignoring safety issues and the defective parts." Barnett pursued this internally, exhausting every internal process and facing workplace retaliation before going to federal regulators like the FAA and OSHA, which resulted in even more retaliation, and, eventually, blackballing across the aviation industry."