Old August 21st 08, 12:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
DRN

Default Help Needed from Mac nerd with ILEC SN10

On Aug 21, 2:27 am, "noel.wade" wrote:
Dave -

OK, but if you don't want to use Windows (via Parallels or VMWare or
Boot Camp if you're on a Mac), then you have to accept that you're
setting yourself up for a harder job and more potential problems down
the road.

Using WINE or some other non-standard solution is like trying to find
a pair of needle-nose pliers to turn a big bolt; and you're struggling
with this simply because you don't want to use the wrench that the
bolt was designed for in the first place...

You asked for a solution, I gave the simplest one! *shrug* ...But I
guess I'm just "lazy". As an IT Manager with over a dozen years of
experience in the industry, I've decided that the ideological wars
between Apple and Microsoft and *nix are not worth the wasted time and
energy. I prefer to use the best (or simplest) tool that reliably
gets the job done. Sometimes that's a Mac, sometimes that's a PC with
Windows, and sometimes that's a Linux/Unix shell.

--Noel
(Who saves his energy for long flights, not Techno-Religion) :-)

As an engineer, and former IT manager who managed a multi-
national team of hundreds of developers and systems professionals,
I do understand that instruments and instructions must be not just
idiot-proof, but glider-pilot-proof. Hence the request for someone
to review/polish the already-written instructions. No, the emulator
installation is not that hard, certainly easier than installing
bootcamp and Windows !

See ya, Dave* "YO electic"

* who also makes long flights as well as mess with technology:
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...&pilotId=20684