Old April 1st 20, 07:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Clubs Still Flying List

On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 2:14:40 AM UTC-4, GliderCZ wrote:
On Monday, March 30, 2020 at 1:26:19 PM UTC-7, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Monday, March 30, 2020 at 3:41:15 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Hear hear....although I usually look at birds (other than seagulls.....)...whatever, a save is a save.....
Politics, religion, sexual preference is something for a possible hanger discussion....flying is a better set of rules!

We could have save a few bucks and helped society much better if the package had not included 25 million for the Kennedy Center, 350 Million for refugee resettlement, 75 million to PBS, and 25 million to congressional salaries. Am I missing the point here??? I saw nothing in the package for glider pilot relief tubes. Bob

Yes, you ARE missing the point. Although you may not value them, public service, arts and culture do contribute to our civil life. The Kennedy Center is a national institution that employs craftspeople, maintenance workers, ushers and others who raise families, send their kids to college and pay taxes--just like most of us. Artists and musicians contribute intangible value to our lives. PBS likewise.

Perhaps they are just as deserving as the small-business commercial glider operations and suppliers who support our esoteric pursuits. I hope they all can benefit from the relief package.

Oh, and please do a fact check on congressional salary plus-ups. They're not in the package, although support for ongoing congressional support operations may be.

Sorry, but I've never made a political comment in this newsgroup, but I'm getting pretty discouraged by the tone and tenor of this conversation, especially when we're facing the loss of hundreds of thousand of innocent folk in this country and around the world.

Carl Czech (CZ)
San Diego

The bill included 25 million as operational expenses for the House Of Representatives.