Old October 6th 03, 01:54 PM
Robert Moore

"Zomby Woof" wrote
What singles out the 737?

Although my experience is only in B-707 and B-727 aircraft, one
of the problems that I encountered when doing short-haul operations
in them, was that of brake over-heating. A problem that was
addressed in the Aircraft Operating Manuals and was dealt with by
leaving or putting the gear down longer than normal. Since the
B-737 was intended solely for these types of operations involving
frequent TO and LDGS, short turn-around times and long taxi routes,
perhaps Boeing felt that leaving the wheels uncovered would assist
in the brake cooling problem.

Bob Moore
ATP B-707 B-727
PanAm (retired)