Old January 15th 04, 06:17 AM
Drew Dalgleish

On 14 Jan 2004 19:54:50 -0800, (ivo welch)
wrote:

hi chaps: I need to repaint my aircraft. Problem is that I like the
look of polish (i.e., shiny aluminum) rather than paint; but from what
I understand, polish requires a lot more maintenance. unfortunately,
I do not have the time to maintain it in the condition necessary, and
my local aviation shops charge $60/hour. (labor is more expensive
than materials here on almost everything.) so, is there a method to
"polish and protect" once and have it last for a long time without
maintenance requirements? (there are silicon sealants for paints, but
I do not believe they work on polish.) or, is there a paint that
looks like shiny aluminum? if you know, could you please point me to
some webpages to read up on?

sincerely, /iaw

I haven't tried this but I keep considering it every time I polish my
plane.
http://www.nyalic.com/

Drew Dalgleish