Old November 27th 03, 10:51 PM
BTIZ

stress relief...

"Ross Younger" wrote in message
It has been three months since I passed my Skills Test, and I logged just
over five hours between then and the end of October. After a combination
of bad luck, bad weather and stress intervened, I got back in the air
today for the first time in a month. This was technically a competence
check with an instructor, to satisfy the club's insurers; we did a few
circuits, finishing to an eye-poppingly beautiful red half-set sun.

While writing up my journal just now, I was suddenly reminded of what I
like about flying. It's the sheer joy of just being up there, looking
down and admiring the world without having an immediately tangible
connection to it. This seemed to be the case for my first passenger, too
(my girlfriend, of course - and she loved it). There's also the technical
pleasure which comes from pulling off a greaser :-). I suppose shooting
an instrument approach and breaking cloud just above decision height to
see the runway right where you expect it counts too, though it'll be a
little while before I take much instrument training, I think.

Apologies if it's an oft-asked question, but what does flying do for
you folks?

Blue skies,

Ross

--