Old February 4th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Piper Altimatic II autopilots - anyone?

Jim Burns wrote:
- Leads to anyone who has experience working on these units, including
component level repair of the electronics. I'd love to find an

experienced
technician / engineer that knows these units inside and out and who would
love to see one brought back to life.

Hey Ronnie
Try:
Autopilots Central http://www.sparksaviationcenter.com/

Probably repeating something that you've already heard.

When we were Aztec shopping, we seriously considered a 65 C that had an
Altimatic II (inop) I called Autopilots Central and talked with them in
length about it's value and it's potential problems. They were very
patient, knowledgeable, and although they no longer work on them, answered
all my questions. I would definately give them a call.

Good luck.

Jim

I've had good luck with AutoPilot Central in Tulsa OK. Talked to Randy
Herren a couple of years ago and they work on and know Piper
Autopilots.

Chuck
Archer 2185B