Old July 21st 03, 09:22 AM
David McArthur

"Richard Brooks" wrote in message ...
"Jerry" wrote in message

Actually it makes sense to me. The roads around Fairford are basically a
bleedin' rabbit warren, anything that eases things up is okay with me.
It's the show organisers my ire is reserved for, they manage to make a
clusterf**k of the parking arrangements year on year. Actually it's all
academic to me, I rarely bother with the show any more, there doesn't
tend to be enough variety in participants to make it worth the headache
of attending, unlike the late 80's and early 90's . . . but I did make
the trip last year, and the parking was still a mess.

[snipped]

But I will as always be going to the RIAT again this year although I
know sever people who are staying away because of the increased costs
again £27.95 in advance or £33 on the day, tis a bit steep me thinks.

Jerry

There is at least one country estate on the north western side that hires
out its front lawn for people to park the night before and there's nothing
like crashing out in a car after strolling to the local pub for a pint of
wallop.

Go the night before, leave the car and walk a few miles.

Richard.

Made it there yesterday - Great day out (although the decision to
carry an umbrella rather than sunscreen turned out to be a mistake)

Fantastic view of a B2 escorted by a couple of F15s (could've been a
bit lower!) Italian AF display team didn't want to come down - their
display just went on and on.

David