Old March 27th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default yet another annual story - day three (finished)

On Mar 27, 1:15 pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
Well, on a Mooney removing all the inspection panels itself is a day,
putting them back is another day. Lubing is almost an entire day, etc.

I just had a deja vu moment -- did we have this discussion last
annual?

So you're saying it takes a full, 8-hour day to remove inspection
panels from a Mooney?

Let's see, even if you can only remove one screw every 60 seconds (and
I hope your A&P isn't *that* slow), that would be 480 screws. Figuring
an average of eight screws per inspection panel (at least that's the
way it is on my plane), you're talking about 60 inspection panels.

60 is actually pretty close, at least the 480 screws is pretty close.
It may actually be more screws than that. This IA requires that all
the inspection panels be opened. I also do not have the one piece
belly.

-Robert