Old January 25th 13, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default LS6b for Sale - Canada

Sn 1659? My 6b (1986) sn is 6112. How did LS assign serial numbers?

BTW, my 6b was owned by DJ. When I pulled out the seat pan, I saw John
Murray's and Karl Striedieck's signatures on the bottom of the fuse. :-)

Tony "6N".

I believe the first digit, 6, is the model designation, and the remainder is
the production number.

My first LS-6, s/n 6037 was the one flown by DJ to the 1985 World
Championship. It was on the cover of "Soaring" at least twice, once after
the WGC win and once in wave above Pike's Peak.

Dan, "5J"