Old November 19th 07, 06:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Garrapata

Default SO WHAT DID YOUR PARENTS DO IN THE BIG WAR

How about your folks.....

My parents were married on December 7 1941 at Ft Lewis Washington.
(their honeymoon was delayed)
At the time my father was an Army corporal in the medical corps and my
mother was a Lieutenant Army nurse. She was not allowed to stay in the
Army after she was married and spent the war having my brother and me.
In 1942-44 my father was stationed at Camp Barkley, Abilene Texas where
he taught hand to hand combat. Then he went to OCS and was transferred
to Camp Pickett, Virginia before going to Germany to help open a
hospital at Nuremberg just after the war ended.
An Uncle was a Marine pilot who survived without a scratch and on his
first back in the states was hit by a taxi and spent 6 weeks in the
hospital
--

09=ix