Old August 23rd 03, 07:05 AM
Robert Perkins

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 21:11:54 -0700, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

I figured that the TFR would not be active for another ten minutes and I
would be outside of it by then, anyway, so I blasted out of there and headed
straight for Olympia, contacting FSS and Seattle Approach for flight
following.

You're right, of course. I took a flight from Portland to Olympia and
back today. I got briefings at 12:00 PDT, and 5:00 PDT, both over the
phone, both with no mention whatsoever of a presidential TFR.

Was it cancelled by 7:00 p.m.? I hadn't even heard the President was
in Seattle.

Now, in Portland *yesterday*, the idiot TFR stretched from Wilsonville
Oregon all the way to just south of the southern border of Clark
County, Washington. You never realize how freaking *huge* that circle
is until you overlay it on your hometown. That was a cylinder covering
over two million people! It was *all* the airports in the greater
Portland Area! Good grief! AOPA's list is huge for that day!

3 miles and 5000 feet AGL I could understand, but this is just
ridiculous.

Rob