Old February 26th 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Stewart

Default teaching emergency landings...How low do you go...

Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Feb 26, 3:02 pm, "gatt" wrote:

My question is, what would you say the lowest appropriate height AGL for
teaching student pilots about off-field emergency landings in, say, a C-152,
given the 500' rule? (We -definately- busted that in the case of the
farmer. The instructor even said so.)

No, I would say about 5' rule. But i wouldn't do it where there were
people, structures, or vehicles in the area (cows don't count).

But horses do. Expensive, high vet bills
and easily spooked.