Old July 11th 03, 05:14 AM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Default IA to Class E

Roy Smith wrote:
In fact, working the numbers, I don't see how those takeoff minimums are
possibly within TERPS limits. The 1008' tower is 4000 feet from the
departure end of the runway, 1000 feet off the extended centerline, and
550 feet above the airport elevation. I make that a 550 ft/nm climb
gradient. To put that in perspective, at 76 KIAS (Vy in an Archer or
172), you'd need a 980 ft/min climb rate to clear the tower (OK, you do
a little better at Vx). How can this be legal?

Roy: perhaps this is an oversight, with the minimums predating the
tower? Have you considered calling someone to enquire about
this?

Just a suggestion,
Sydney