Old July 25th 03, 06:32 PM
Jason Kennemer

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
Isn't a state liquor license required to
publicly dispense intoxicating liquor legally?

Usually a liquor license is only required to sell alcohol - to give it away
free is ok. Many restaurants do this to promote an opening before obtaining
approval for their liquor license.

As far as Jay serving free beer, it's up to a responsible adult as to
whether or not to drink the beer, or to drink the beer and try to fly the
same day. However, in these modern times, people never like to take
responsibility for their own actions, and may feel like Jay is responsible
for serving beer to an idiot who'd be willing to go flying right after
downing a 12-pack.

I think Jay's intent is to have a fun afternoon party, and try to keep as
many "guests" as possible at his establishment. I'd be a willing hotel
guest, if I were on my way up to OSH. (Sorry Jay, can't make it up there
this year.)

Maybe next year,
Jason Kennemer