Old May 23rd 20, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default KGARS - Kiting Glider Automatic Relase System

On Friday, May 22, 2020 at 3:35:28 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I am thinking A CG tow hook for the towplane, likr RC models do.
This way Glider can stall the tow plane while kiting, but not point its nose down.
I envision a tunnel for the tow rope along the fuselage top so it doesn't jam the rudder/elevator. The front end of tunnel/rope is connected to the fuselage at the CG.
Once the glider starts rising above the Towplane, the tunnel hinges upwards while the rope is still connected to the towplane's CG.
No moment is generated to raise the towplanes tail.

Dan

It sounds like a major airframe modification. How would it accommodate both high and low tow positions? A KGARS would be much easier.

Tom