Old May 8th 04, 02:23 AM
S Schwartz

(John DeRosa Sky Soaring Chicago IL) wrote in message . com...
Please see my other thread on "Automatic Parachutes" in which I argue
that an automatic (static line) parachute is a good thing (except
maybe in the Andes!).

So here I sit owning a non-automatic parachute (a Strong 305). Can it
be converted to an automatic parachute? Can I simply add a (7m)
landyard from the glider's static line attachment point to the D ring?

Any thoughts?

Thanks Again, John DeRosa
http://skysoaring.com

Glider Humor = http://skysoaring.com/modules/gallery/gliderhumor

John,

Any mods to a parachute must be done by a licensed rigger & with the
manufacturers approved mod. I would a call into Bob Gilmore at Strong
in Flarida. He will tell you if it needs to be done by Strong or if
Strong can make the parts available to a licensed rigger in your area.