Old November 25th 05, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Bose X - $995 and holding...

In article .com,
" wrote:

Instead of spending a lot of money, why not do like I have for years

and wear some soft foam earplugs under the headset?

Not a bad idea, but I'm more concerned about the comfort (i.e.
vise-like pressure on my head) after about an hour or so. The gel seals
help a bit but I understand typical passive noise reduction headsets
are all pretty much the same as far as clamping pressure(?)

You should try Peltors. I wore a set for ten years and they were always
very comfortable. In fact, my Peltors are so comfortable (and do such a
good job of shutting out the noise) that I initially had some buyer's
regret after getting a Bose X. (But that went away yesterday when I
accidentally left my cell phone on and I could hear it ring in flight.
My Peltors can't do that! :-)

rg