Old December 18th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Harry Andreas

Default Landing speeds for naval aircraft?

In article , "Dudley Henriques"
wrote:

"Frank Minich" wrote in message
Sorry to jump in late.

I always understood the AOA units were somehow calibrated but arbitrary,
so the 139 KIAS was the nominal speed that corresponded to on-speed AOA
with full flaps and 50,000 pounds max-trap weight.

Units should be either a percentage of the lift coefficient curve for the
wing or a percentage of the AOA vane as determined by the OBC depending on
the type if I remember....but I'm getting old :-)).

Dudley
we haven't heard from you lately. How ya been?

--
Harry Andreas
Engineering raconteur