Old September 7th 17, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default Where can I train in a PW-6? Seminole Lake's is down formaintenance for a couple of months

On Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 5:27:18 PM UTC+3, Tango Whisky wrote:
Le jeudi 7 septembre 2017 13:30:07 UTC+2, Paul T a écritÂ*:
or maybe it wasn't supported by several prominent national
aeroclubs/national gliding organisations which primarily have leadership
dominated by wealthy individuals with expensive toys that tend to over
focus resources on their bit of the playing field and not on others.

Nonsense. In the price range of the PW5, and below, there has always been the Club class (or Sports class) which is extremely popular in Europe.

The PW5 story stalled because there was just no incentive to buy a brand new, very ugly glider when you can have more performance for less money by buying a nice looking Cirrus.

That's only possible in a declining sport.

Which, I assume, we don't want even though we seem to have it.

How would you reverse it?