Old March 22nd 21, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Mocho

Default The latest glider covers?

I purchased a set of Kerry Covers (from China) late last year for my Pegasus. The "Outdoor" set cost $700 including shipping. Delivery took about three weeks. (Dust covers are $450). Overall, I am pleased with the quality and workmanship, but the wing covers are a little tight. Another Pegasus owner at Moriarty also has a set and they seem to have a looser fit, but mine work OK. The rest of the set (elevator, rudder, fuselage and nose) all fit well, velcro together nicely,. have zippers where needed and plenty of loops sewn in for bungee hooks. The bungee cord is provided, although the hooks don't hold the cord well. I purchased some other hooks that allow for knots instead of the tension grip on the cord. Storage bags are included, along with straps that run through the wing covers when they are removed and bundled to keep them from getting tangled or twisted. The fabric appears to be plenty durable, has soft padding inside and the lower wing and elevator surfaces have breathable fabric. Port (red, left) and starboard (green, right) wing covers have colored indicator flags sewn on the lower surface. Kerry apparently has patterns for many gliders.

Since my glider primarily resides in my hangar and the covers are not exposed to the elements (also hot, dry and windy at Moriarty), I can't vouch for their longevity in those conditions. The dust covers would probably have worked for me, but the difference in price wasn't enough to make me go the cheap route. Surely there are other owners who use these outdoors and can give more info on their suitability and life expectancy. http://www.kerry-cover.com/