Old November 28th 17, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

Default Jantar SZD 48 "Jantar Std 2" - wing profile templates

On Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 11:49:12 AM UTC-7, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 10:31:04 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Bob,

Define "straight and square". Most wings have leading edges
that are swept back and/or trailing edges that are swept forward.

Parallel with the fuselage longitudinal axis, orthogonal to the plane containing the leading and trailing edges. In the absence of sweep reference, splitting the difference between the leading and trailing edges will get you plenty close enough. Which is to say, closer than the difference between the right and left wings on your glider.

--Bob K.

A few years ago Robert Mudd and I had CNC templates made for a PIK 20B according to the airfoils used and blended from root to tip. I do not think there was one station that had the correct airfoil shape and one wing did not agree with the other as far as deviations that were fairly large.

Mike