Old March 30th 16, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Linwood Stevenson

Default 302 Issues, Probably self Inflicted... Experts?

Hi All,

Previous flight last week my 302 abruptly quite recording mid flight, a fact I wasn't aware of until after landing and viewing the downloaded .igc file. Was a good 400k+ flight too, but thats beside the point.... Anyway, checked out the log file and it appeared to be full, so I assumed (first mistake) that the memory wrap around feature didn't wrap around. Fix was to clear the log, which I've occasionally done in the past.

So, today when starting the 302 it wasn't locking on satellites after 15 minutes or so. I was in line for a tow, and if I didn't take the tow, would have lost the tow plane for the day. Off we go, no satellites acquired. A few minutes after the release, the satellites finally acquired, and all other 302 features appeared normal. After return home, attempted to download the .igc file once again, only to be greeted with a message to the effect that there were no log files to be downloaded, and none were displayed on the screen...

So, question is, should the 302 start a partial log once the satellites are acquired, or will the log pages stay blank, as they did today. Am I looking at a possible 302 failure, or is this simply operator error on my part?

On top of that, the PowerFlarm portable isn't logging any .igc files either.. Might be dead in the water for the Perry contest. Issues always happen before a contest or other event it seems....

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help!
7B