Old July 10th 04, 02:56 PM
Bill Daniels

The magnet base could probably be removed with a little surgery using an
Xacto knife.

The little 5.5V power supplies used for powering PDA's are really pretty
efficient. You are likely to need one for that purpose anyway.

Bill Daniels

"Chris" wrote in message
Hi Guys

I am researching GPS smart antennas (GPS Mouse) to feed to specific flight
air data / nav computers, has any one gone this route and can advise on
there experiences .

there are a few new GPS engines coming on to the market, Sirfstar 2 seems

likely candidate, but all the smart antennas I have found are 3.3 to 5

volt
input, and magnetically mounted, what I want is no magnets and 12 volt
input, with out the added complexity of switch mode power supplies

external
to the GPS, any one have any information on these problems?

Regards

Chris Runeckles

Discus A, TOP, VH - GUF