Old July 2nd 16, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Giaco

Default Contest scoring question

On Friday, July 1, 2016 at 9:22:38 AM UTC-4, Gary Adams wrote:
Glider racing pilots (and fans) a question on contest scoring:

Remote vs On site.

Advantage vs. disadvantage?

Planning for a regional next year and looking for input from outside the "After we fly, beer in hand" opinions.

Gary Adams 'GB'

As a first-time scorer at Region 1, I'm having a awesome time learning the processes and nuances. There are certainly some gotcha's, but mostly they all seem to be associated with loggers messing up as opposed to winscore not doing something it's supposed to.

As we try to bring more people into XC racing, it helps to be able to have a discussion with someone (with beer in hand) over why penalties came out the way they did, and what they can do better on the next day. Reach-back capabilities are very important, but on-site is probably faster for preliminary results and helping to ensure all records are in when the contestants sign in after a flight.

Glad to see you guys are bringing back R6 after the hiatus... I was quite upset when i saw you didn't have it this year....
Giacomo