Old July 19th 04, 05:02 PM
Ed Rasimus

On 19 Jul 2004 06:45:19 GMT, (Regnirps) wrote:

(BUFDRVR) wrote:

I'm pretty sure there was a system in the T-38's where you could throw the
panic switch on approah and it did the rest -- provided you met certain
constraints about being lined up right.

There is no such system on any T-38, including the new C models with glass
cockpit.

Well, I'll be dipped. I would have sworn on a stack of Bibles that I had know
people who experienced such a thing. Also would have sworn there was a lengthy
flight test and review in Private Pilot about 35 years ago that described the
whole thing. Well, I have been wrong before, and now it's twice this year and
it isn't even August.

-- Charlie Springer

No autopilot of any kind in the Talon. It does have stab-aug and it
does have an ILS.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"