Old October 3rd 05, 02:51 AM
Will

I'm just curious what percentage of a turboprop conversion cost is the cost
of the engine. Tradewind does an A36 conversion using the Allison for
about $500K, but that price includes trade in of your existing engine.
I'm figuring their material costs are about $300K based on your number, and
labor costs are probably around $20K, so it looks like their margins are
pretty high.

--
Will

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
Depends on the model. They are indeed generally available, new and used.

New
they'll run you somewhere around a quarter mil or more. Used, I've seen

them
for as little as $15k in one of those legendary estate sales, and up.

Whether or not there are alternatives depends on your application. What do
you want to do with it?

"Will" wrote in message
What is the cost of a Rolls Royce Allison 250 turbine engine, purchased
new,
and are they generally available used? If yes, what is a typical price
discount?

Are there lower cost equivalents with smilar reliability either already
released or soon to be available?

--
Will