Old August 11th 08, 10:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
terry

Default Google Earth for in flight Planning?

I have found it an a very useful supplement to my flight planning to
view my route on google earth before the flight. especially when
flying to an airport I have never been before. The visual picture of
the route and destination is just so much more real than a map. And
of course you can check the distance using the ruler function as well,
and you can also check the coords in case the numbers in the gpc or
ersa ( australia) are not correct which has been known to occur.

Any one else using this great tool?

Terry
PPL Downunder