Old March 24th 10, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default TR-21 mounting screws

On Mar 24, 2:03*pm, wrote:
The TR-21 comes with long (1.25 inch) black flathead screws (4-40).
These screws are the countersink type and do not work well with my
fiberglass instrument panel. They have a small head.

I'm looking for a source for machine screws, 4-40 x 1.25", in a black
non-metallic material. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Raul Boerner

Part 2 of this game is guess what a TR-21 is and guess which country
you are in.

You mean a Trig TT-21 transponder?

In the USA lots of places sell different instrument panel screws.
Often available in brass or aluminum with a black coating. Aircraft
Spruce, I think Cumulus Soaring and I assume many others. You might
have a problem with 4-40 but look at those places.

Darryl