Old October 18th 20, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Behm

Default Wheel brake effectiveness standards

On Saturday, October 17, 2020 at 2:51:58 PM UTC-7, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 13:51:16 -0700, AS wrote:

And lets not forget the much older gliders with nose skids (Slingsby
T.21, Schweitzer 2-33, unmodified ASK-13s*) which don't have a wheel-
brake: you just put the nose skid on the ground and maybe push on the
stick a bit to make them stop quicker.

* most of the K-13s I've flown were retro-fitted with a nose-wheel and
wheel-brake.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

The 2-33 at our club has a wheel brake that is actuated at the end of the airbrake handle travel. However, shortly after that you will be rubbing the nose skid to the ground. But it DOES have a wheel brake.
R,
Target