Old March 8th 16, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Giaco

Default Wedekind Sleeve Source?

On Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 9:00:10 AM UTC-5, Vernon Brown wrote:
At 12:26 08 March 2016, Tango Eight wrote:
On Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 5:17:58 AM UTC-5, Vernon Brown wrote:

So I started to cleaned each ball end then lubricate with thin oil

(WD40)

Way off track, but may I drop a tip here?

Vernon: WD-40 is fish oil. It's a great water dispersant (the "WD" in
WD-40), but it has lousy oxidation stability and gets gummy. Use Break
Free CLP.

best,

Evan Ludeman

Thanks Evan, didn't know WD40 was fish oil,
gumming up should not a problem if controls are cleaned before every
rigging, which I did, but useful info nerveless, which will be useful to
others.
Sold my Cirrus about 12 years ago, had an LS8/18 for a while, now I have an
LS6c 17.5 both auto connects.
Vernon

I've always had great luck with Marvel Mystery Oil. It was the club solution for just about all spring lubing at CCSC and worked great even at super cold wave temps. FWIW