Old March 31st 18, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Trig TT21 + TN72 TABS ADS-B Out Install working great....

On Monday, March 12, 2018 at 4:52:08 PM UTC-5, Ramy wrote:
On Monday, March 12, 2018 at 9:57:10 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
Ramy,

Can you add a solar cell somewhere or replace lead/acid battery with
LiFePO4, if not already done?Â* Room for another battery?

While I don't wish to return to the sectional chart with concentric
circles and a "prayer wheel", it would be nice to have sufficient power
to drive all these new fangled contraptions.Â* Maybe I should remove the
espresso machine from my Stemme...Â* Naaah...Â* One needs one's luxuries. ;-)

On 3/11/2018 10:19 PM, Ramy wrote:
I noticed smal effect. I suspect my battery last 10% or so less than before.

Ramy

--
Dan, 5J

Already have two lifePO4 + solar panel. With all the electronics I have, which includes LX9000, powerflarm, radio, transponder, Dell Streak, and the TN72 addition, my two batteries last around 10 hours which is plenty for most of my flights. If I am running low I can selectively turn off some of the instruments to extend the time. So bottom line, you should have sufficient power even after adding ADS-B.

Ramy

Darryl and Ramy,
I just completed installation of the TN72 with proper GPS antenna on my (updated firmware) Trig 22 for my '29. If it's not too much of a hassle, how do you configure the TT22 for ASD-B out? I understand that SIL-3 should be selected in the config screen (I'm EXPERIMENTAL). What else to look for?
Thanks,
Herb J7